if you leave is a collection of contemporary photography.
Snapshots of a journey made by wanderers who study the mysterious yet uncannily peaceful feeling of desolation and loneliness. It is more concerned with the impact of a single image, rather than a body of work by an individual photographer.
Capturing the beauty of solitude does not merely consist of the act of photography itself, it is the representation of a silent idiom of faces, landscapes, subjects and objects. All in their most personal and intimate états d'être.
As a collection if you leave features the work of 96 young photographers from all over the world.
Photographer Laurence Tarquin von Thomas has been curating this collection online since november 2009. As a blog, if you leave features over 500 photographers, and with 400k followers on tumblr and a flickr group of more than a 1400 contributing members it is a steadily growing gallery, exhibiting this neo-romantic movement in photography.
- retail price: £18 - €22 - $30
- online retail price: £17
- limited third edition (1000 copies)
- format: landscape
- cover: paperback
- ISBN: 978-0-9567695-0-3
A list of exclusive bookstores:
- 25 books - Berlin (in stock)
- Arcana Books - LA (pre-order)
- Artwords Bookshops - London (pre-order)
- Athenaeum - Amsterdam (pre-order)
- Brick Lane Bookshop - London (in stock)
- Centre Pompidou - Paris (pre-order)
- Colette - Paris (pre-order)
- Copyright - Ghent (in stock)
- Donlon Books - London (in stock)
- Do You Read Me!? - Berlin (in stock)
- Family - LA (in stock)
- Fnac - Ghent (pre-order)
- Foyles - London (in stock)
- ICP - New York (in stock)
- Koenig Books (charing cross) - London (in stock)
- LN-CC - London (pre-order)
- Magma - London (in stock)
- Mcnally Jackson - New York (in stock)
- Motto - Berlin (in stock)
- Ofr. - Paris (pre-order)
- Powerhouse - New York (pre-order)
- Shop at Bluebird - London (pre-order)
- Soho Books (Brewer St.) - London (pre-order)
- St. Mark's - New York (in stock)
- The Whitechapel Gallery Bookshop
(with Koenig Books) - London (in stock)
This first book was launched on December 15th, 2010 at CAMP London, in the presence of UK based artists. The launch was accompanied by an exhibition featuring a selection of 10 prints.
In celebration of it's international release if you leave was launched in Paris on the 9th of February, 2011. Subsequently, the exhibition travelled to New York, Rome and Belgium.